Sunday, January 31, 2010

January 2010 Entry

1 month has passed already in 2010. Let’s see what I can recall.


======New Things=====


I ordered the m-flo Cosmicolor concert DVD. It was from 2007, but I never saw it. Seeing clips from it made me want to see it more. So I got that as a Christmas gift for myself and it came in. It was such a fun concert. I was watching it while I was a little ill and it perked me up in no time.


I also ordered some magic stuff from an online shop in Europe. I’d like to get more, but some of the cooler things are a little expensive. Maybe later on. But one of the things I got was an illusion ring. So now I have bling on my hand.


Another thing I got was a camera. Not another HD, just a standard one. It’s…not a conventional one, but I’ll keep that a secret for now. I did get these 3 orders all on the same day. 3 orders from three different countries coming at the same time was pretty cool though.


I also got myself an EdgeRated-R leather cuff. Another late Christmas present for myself. I’ve only worn it once so far. Unfortunately, it’s a little big for my wrist. I guess I’ll only be wearing it sparingly.


I finally ordered a new PC. Was suggested to get this one machine through Gateway. It was a good machine for a good price. Unfortunately, it was sold out. Even the next model up was sold out. The next one up was a few extra hundred dollars and didn’t seem worth it. I was shown a similar machine through Dell and I checked it out. Placed an order for it and it should be here the day after Valentine’s Day/Chinese New Year. Can’t wait for that to come in.


=====Work=====


I got really mad during a couple work days. I apologized to those I yelled and cussed at. It was misdirected anger (still work anger) plus my body wasn’t feeling all too great so I was just in a blah mood during that time.


We had an all staff meeting recently. They were trying to reinforce some ground rules. All I have to say is if they don’t enforce it OR they don’t hold the rules the same for everyone, then that’s messed up. Most of the ground rules were directed towards the younger generation of workers though. I’m pretty sure we’re going to keep doing the same things anyways.


I think they’re giving me more responsibilities now. Either that or they’re depending on me more for things especially since management and the owner realize what an asset I am. That’s not to be braggadocios, but the work I do there is spoken highly of and almost never criticized. Might have backed myself into a wall with that if I ever screw up on something. We all make mistakes so I’m entitled to make a few.


=====Video Games=====


Castlevania The Adventure ReBirth – click

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers – click

Muscle March – click


I also beat “No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle” earlier today. I’ll write that review this coming week and posted up on Rated CBAM!


Last entry I mentioned trying to get my reviews shown on GoNintendo. I wrote an email to the main guy there giving him my background on my reviews and what I’ve done. I haven’t received any type of reply from him since then. If I don’t hear anything in a month’s time, I’ll email him again. If nothing comes from that, that’s it. At least I tried.


By the way, the upcoming No More Heroes 2 review will be my 92nd review. Can’t believe I’ve done that many. My first review was “Donkey Konga” and that was in 2004. I actually have some extra down time at work since I can automate all my machines, so I went through and read all of my reviews before I started Rated CBAM! Man, my style changed over time. I think it’s for the better. A good evolution.


=====2010 Formal=====


I think this topic will come in all my posts until it actually happens. The date has been set and place has been found. July 10th at SoundBox Studios. It was fun going to check out some places. Some day, we will rent out that awesome $45,000 ballroom to use for our crazy friends, ha. Seriously, I am very glad we decided on a place. Thank you to Wyldstyl for letting us use your studio for the event. They gave us an unbeatable price with no restrictions on what we can do. That was probably the best part of the deal since other places had rules and regulations. Now, we are free to decorate the place as we please and we don’t have to have mandatory catering. All we need to do now is figure out the details of the event and then start spreading the word to our friends. I can’t wait.


=====Music Video and Photo Shoot Project=====


Doing a project with friends. I won’t get into all the boring details, but we’re basically going to shoot a simple music video and have a photo shoot going on for it as if it was for an album jacket. And to get to the point, we’re going to mimic this video with whatever song we end up choosing.


The projected date to do this is early March. We’ll see how it progresses.


By the way, we had a Media Trip recently. I have footage from that, but I haven’t made a video from the footage and photos taken that day. When I get the new PC, that might be one of the first things I work on.


=====SNSD=====


I know I said in previous posts that I’m finding less to say about this group. That WAS true. Now that they’re second album is out and they’re promoting it, I think I’ll have stuff to say and share about them.


They’re new album is titled “Oh!” The album came out at the end of January as well as the music video. They had their comeback stage for it already and it was great. The title song is not bad. At first I wasn’t too high on it, but I think watching the MV and seeing the comeback stage helped. I need to see the song sometimes to like it I suppose.


I did pre-order the album along with BoA’s latest Japanese album (which comes out in February). I have mentioned the largest international fan site for SNSD, Soshified, in previous entries. Well, guess who is part of Soshified now? The day I saw my copy of their second album shipped, something in me made me go check out Soshified and I ended up becoming a member. I don’t know if I’ll be active, but if anything, I might participate in some of their bigger benefits and plans they do for the group. The latest benefit they’re doing is in honor of SooYoung’s upcoming birthday. They’re gathering donations for the Haiti disaster and are donating the funds to the Red Cross in her name. I’ll have to read more about it so I can help out. But yeah, I’m officially part of Soshified now.


Another SNSD related thing, I’ve started to watch the drama Yoona was in, “You Are My Destiny.” I’ve never really sat down and watched a drama before, but this one is not bad. Each episode is around half an hour and I think that helps. I think I lose interest with the ones that are an hour long. This came from me watching a lot of “We Got Married” the last few months. Once I watched all the couples I wanted to (or could find videos for), I felt like I needed to keep watching something. So that’s when I started watching “You Are My Destiny.” I’m only at episode 15 or 178. Thankfully Soshified has all the episodes because I was having trouble finding places that had all of them available. I did skip a few episodes when I couldn’t find them anywhere, but now I’m filling in those holes thanks to Soshified.


Oh yeah, I did actually buy some stuff from Soshified, pins. I bought 9, one with a quote from each member. I just figure it would be a nice extra accessory to wear when I feel like it.


By the way…there’s a 3rd. She came in out of nowhere. She’s “berry good, yo.” But yeah…Sunny has made it up the ranks as my 3rd favorite. It’s weird, my initial ranking for these girls has changed over a year. Sunny was at the bottom 3rd and now she’s in the top 3rd, ha. I also find it weird/coincidental that my top 3 have similar favorite numbers; 12 (Sunny), 22 (Jessica), and 32 (HyoYeon).


=====Ending=====


I think that’s it. I always feel like I forget to mention something every time I make a post. Oh well. Here are a few things I’m anticipating for next month:


Getting my new PC. Can’t wait to see it in action and work on some bigger videos.

Trying out the new camera for the first time. Hope it turns out well.

SNSD’s activities for their 2nd album.

BoA’s 7th Japanese single. That girl never disappoints me.

More Formal plans to be hammered out.

More video project and photo shoot plans to be hammered out.

I just read that Edge returned at the Royal Rumble and won the rumble match! Whoo!

And on that happy note, I’ll bring things to a close. The following videos are:


Barry VS T-Mac

Media Trip 2 (balloon ride)

SNSD – Oh! (MV)

Thank you for reading. Take care. Mmbyeeeee.

No comments: