Sunday, July 28, 2013

One Year of Not Drinking


One year ago today was the last time I drank alcohol. While it was a fun night, I wasn't keeping track of how much I was drinking and the night didn't end well for me. I've been drunk before, but this was the worst. I am very thankful to those that did help me that night. I haven't forgotten that. Although I felt bad to those that I might have left a bad impression on and for my parents who had to see me like that.

That night I vowed to not drink alcohol for at least a full year. I wasn't by any means an alcoholic, but I was drinking a lot more in 2012 as it was a very stressful year. And I know I'm not divulging a lot of details, but I felt so bad that I wanted to stop drinking altogether. I found it shocking that some people I knew said I shouldn't stop drinking after telling them why I was doing it.  Regardless, I turned down plenty of drinks offered to me and made it through one year without drinking.

I am very proud to have done this. While I could continue doing this, I'm open to occasionally drink socially. I am planning to have my first drink in celebration of 2 dear friends getting married. I'm glad that these 2 things coincidentally are happening at the same time.

Thank you for reading.

No comments: