Saturday, July 2, 2011

June 2011 Entry

A little late, but I've been busy.

=====06.02.11=====

DW had a life-telling story. It was very interesting. I did learn a few things I did not know about him. Felt good bonding with the guy. Plus I do enjoy hanging with his group of friends. Which is why...

=====06.03.11=====

I hung out with some of them this day. It was also CD's birthday. We ate dinner and then tried to make a plan to do something afterwards. We ended up going to watch "X-Men: First Class." So we crammed into a couple of cars and went to the nearest theatre...and they were sold out at the time we wanted. So we drove out to a farther theatre...and they were sold out. So we started to just end the night and be done with CD's birthday. Once we did, CD was all up into doing whatever, ha. So we drove back to the original theatre and got a later time for the movie. CD, DW, another guy (forgot his name), and I went to the bar to get some drinks and talked for a bit waiting for the movie to start. We were all pleased with the movie.

=====06.05.11=====

A Saturday. That means hiphop class with BS. She also invited her students to take a workshop elsewhere with Stuart Bishop and Charlotte Stevens, dancers from London. My first workshop and it was fun. I wish I did better. I could do Chralotte's dance better than Stuart's. I think I was getting tired out and that's why I wasn't getting his stuff that well. Plus I was cramping up a bit in my thighs. It was a great experience though.

Needless to say, my back was killing me later that night. The following day was nothing, but back pains. One of the slower days I could remember.

=====06.11.11=====

DC came back into town and wanted to take our annual fishing-crabbing trip. AC and BT were in and MC joined us for the first time. I actually stayed up all night heading into the trip. Headed out at 2AM.

Almost immediately after we settled on a spot, I caught a small crab. I did well with getting 5-6 of the nine crabs we caught. I didn't catch any fish and we ended up only getting 3. The last one caught by DC was a catfish, great catch. Headed back home around 11AM.

Unfortunately, there was a ton of traffic waiting for the ferry. I'm pretty sure we all fell asleep that hour just waiting. We stopped at a Jack-In-The-Box to eat something before returning back to DC's to split up and head home. I showered and then...went to sleep...for 16 hours. You can call me Ice Prince, ha.

=====06.13.11=====

BT had himself a birthday dinner at Buca di Beppo. It had been a while since I last was there. Good food. Good seeing a few people I had not seen in a while also. CC and WC just returned from Japan and were handing out some souvenirs. They got the USB keys that looked like a miniature camera for RFM people and got some SNSD key chains for those of use that like them.

Ate dinner, laughed, took silly photos, and we split. Well, I walked around a Kroger's with AC because she was slightly buzzed. Walked it off for a bit and then split.

=====06.15.11=====

The 3DS e-shop opened this month and I purchased "The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX." I know I'll be buying a few titles for the 3DS Virtual Console since I never owned an original Gameboy and missed out on some good titles...like Link's Awakening. Another great Zelda adventure. It was very darn good for an old Gameboy Color title.

=====06.16.11=====

Helped AC retrieve a couch from a friend and bring it back to her house along with BT and WC. Oh...the fun of bringing a couch down 3 stories. At least we made quick and easy. We were treated to dinner and ended the night.

=====06.19.11=====

Happy Father's Day. Gave dad a hug and some money.

Spent the rest of the day indulging in "The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D." It's great reliving one of the greatest Zelda adventures again. Truthfully, I could have beaten the game by now (07.02.11), but I have been busy. I am actually at the end and can fight Ganon, but I'm collecting everything I missed. All I have left are about 20 Skulltulas and then it's time to save Princess Zelda.

=====06.20.11=====

Called up MP at work to see if he wanted to have lunch. I also needed him to print a coupon for me, ha. Had lunch at Lopez, which I love eating at. Dropped him off back at work and made my rounds saying "hi" to everyone and catching up with them. Almost all of them started their conversation with how work sucked, ha.

I also bought some voltage converters.

=====06.21.11=====

I made it a point to stay home because I was expecting a laptop I ordered to come in. Well, it arrived early, really early. MC asked to have lunch so I met him at Kubos.

After lunch, I went to reserve a table for an event happening. Headed to Best Buy to buy a new external harddrive. I wanted to get another one matching the current ones I have, but they no longer sell them in stores, darn. Needed to use the coupon I had MP print out in-store only unfortunately.

=====06.22.11=====

I had recently reconnected with MIM and she mentioned she was heading to Houston. So I just asked to meet up. We had dinner at Cheesecake Factory with some of her friends, a few I had known also. I actually wanted to just talk with her one-on-one to catch up, but this was better than nothing. She seems genuinely happy and I'm glad. The guy she's engaged to is a lucky guy.

=====06.23.11=====

Had lunch with AN. Been a while since I saw him and I had to talk to him about some business stuff. Had a great meal at Macaroni Grill. He then asked me to join him at the studio to help him layout his choreography for his class that day. That was fun. Seeing people I had not seen in a while was good also. I had not been to the studio for almost 2 weeks by this time. I left before his class started.

=====06.25.11=====

Finally back to hiphop class after 2 weeks. Felt great.

Then it was time for the Houston Soshified Meet Up. Dinner was at Tofu Village. There were 14-15 of us there. It was nice to laugh and bond with some new friends. After dinner was karaoke. The married couple left. At the karaoke, not many of them sang, but it was still good fun. Then a group of them left and we ended karaoke. It was only around 11PM and some of us were still wanting to do stuff. We just didn't know what.

So the remaining group of us wandered around the area talking. I was the oldest so I was put in the lead role of what to do. We got a drink for one of the girls and then ended up going to shoot pool at a place I said was deemed "shady." But the windows were no longer spray painted black so I led them up to just check it out. It was actually attached to the lounge/club area and we had to pass through that to play pool. The place was kind of a go-go lounge since they had some girls dressed with not much dancing around. Regardless, we played pool. More of the group left. After the hour, we all headed out and ended the night around...1AM.

=====06.26.11=====

BT and I purchased tickets to a live RAW house show. It was our first house show and first RAW show. Man, it was awesome! I actually saw NH there. He was sitting 2-3 rows behind us with his friends. BT and I were front row. Every time a match was over, we ran to the rail with everyone else to get close to the wrestlers. I actually got to touch and a few of them; Justin Roberts, Eve Torres, Evan Bourne, Vikki Guerrero, and John Cena. It was a very good house show. We're definitely going to another one when ever they came to town again.

We then met up with others to plan out the Austin trip. At the time I was going to go, but I ended up not going due to something I'll explain later. We then went to the East Wall to eat dinner and end the night.

=====06.27.11=====

A few of the out-of-towners from the Soshified Meet Up were still and town. MC had lunch with them at Fogo de Chao and I joined them later after finishing my workout and showering. There was no real plan so we just went around to kill some time before their set plans took place. Took them to Starbucks and then took a trip to The Container Store (all of our first times there). Next was Gallery Furniture and oh...my...gosh...I need Tempurpedic everything. Then it was off to the Galleria to go ice skating...were it the open and available time to skate, which it wasn't. So we played a few quick games of pool nearby instead. Next stop was Ranch 99 to meet another friend and eat crawfish. MC left us before we ate. After eating, we lost one more person and then had to drop another one off with her family. We gained one more when we went karaoke at some small secluded area. It was still fun though. I actually got to sing some rock songs I've always wanted to sing at a karaoke as well as a few old school Japanese songs I knew. The night ended at 1AM.

=====06.30.11=====

AT set up a surprise birthday for MW, whom usually doesn't spend his birthday with friends. It turned out well. Nice to see some old faces and meet some new people. We didn't do anything afterwards.

Glad to hear you were alright, LN.

=====Final Thoughts=====

- Christina Grimmie...I'm glad I follow her. She's such a talented singer. Her first album came out on iTunes earlier this month and I got it. My favorite song off it is "Counting." I also bought some of her gloves. I know that if she ever comes to Houston to perform, I'm going.

You can find tons of her covers on YouTube. The first time I ever heard her was with this duet with Sam Tsui, another great singer.

- I aM mE won America's Best Dance Crew. So proud. I made this tribute video for them as soon as I could. Congratulations.

I aM mE Tribute from Royal Flush Media on Vimeo.

- Shameless Plug (RFM)

RFM Facebook

RFM Twitter

- Been keeping up well with my workouts. Sometimes I miss a day, but I make up for it. I'm liking my results so far.

- CM Punk! CM Punk! CM Punk!

- So I found out about a flash mob being done in Houston. It's actually for SMTown. Out of New York, LA, and Houston, whomever does the best job will help influence SM to have their next concert in their town. The organizers were looking for a media crew, so I offered Royal Flush Media. The photos and video taken will be given to SBS Korea to use for a news story on the Hallyu Wave. I also offered to help teach dances. So not only is RFM going to be there, but I'll be teaching and participating in the flash mob. Rehearsals are happening the first week of July (5th and 7th, 12-3) at Soundbox Studios. The actual flash mob is happening on July 9th. If anyone is interested, please let me know. I've been practicing a lot the last couple of weeks and pretty much added it to my workout. But yeah, this has been my big project as of late. Hope it all goes well.

- I touched on the Soshified Field Trip in the last entry. Well, I'm officially going on July 20th. The converters and external harddrive and laptop I bought earlier in the month were for the trip. I still haven't packed. I'll do that at least a week before leaving. Everything else is taken care of. I can't wait to go and actually see SNSD live in concert.

And on that note, I'll leave you with SNSD's latest music video, Echo, from their new DVD set.

Thanks for reading. Be healthy, be thankful, and be loved.

Take care.

No comments: