Tuesday, May 31, 2011

May 2011 Entry

And a lot happened that I forgot. I actually almost forgot to type this up. Honestly, a lot did not happen especially in the beginning of the month. I'm sure I did stuff...duh, but nothing popping out as a big thing.

=====05.13.11=====

Celebrated DW's graduation with fun times at Glitter Karaoke. Carpooled with MP and AC and met up with others there. I had a fun time singing and talking with friends there. I also had fun with the waitress who I had keep suggesting me drinks all night. In the end I had 6 different types of shots/drinks and also got a free one from the waitress.

Had MP drive us back. Even though I felt fine, I didn't want to do anything stupid behind the wheel. We actually ended up going to eat at a taqueria (we had a craving for tacos) where it just happened to be karaoke night there, ha. Went from English karaoke to Spanish karaoke. I think we left there around 2AM.

=====05.14.11=====

I offered to film the Riot Squad auditions. It was good for the directors to look back on the footage to help in their decision. Initially I was going to make a video with this, but the footage wasn't as great as I thought. Idea scrapped. It was still cool to see these young kids do their thing.

=====05.15.11=====

Was initially just going to stay in, but I got a call from BT asking if I were free. We ended up going to the park and came up with an idea for a silly video to shoot. We then made a call to get some volunteers. Had to wait for them so I walked the whole park with BT since he had never been there before. We were also brainstorming what to do for the video.

MC, AT, and YD joined us a couple hours later as BT and I were filming the opening shots. To my surprise, things went smoothly. There were a few retakes and moments we had to wait (due to others in the park), but I got what I wanted. I did have to scrap the fight scene I wanted, but came up with a substitute.

We then went to eat at Tofu Village. AC, DS and a friend (forgot name) joined us there. After eating, I suggested we go karaoke for an hour and we did. In the end I told BT "see what happens when I have nothing to do." It was a fun day though and it was also a nice way to celebrate Sunny's birthday.

The following day, I did go through the footage and chose which shots I was going to use. The next day I picked out all the music I wanted as well as SFX and graphics. The video was completed the day after. Pretty good turn around.

A Day At The Park from Royal Flush Media on Vimeo.

=====05.20.11=====

R.I.P. Macho Man Randy Savage (58). It was sad hearing this news. It's another one of my childhood heroes going away. I spent the day watching a DVD collection I had of him. You will be missed.

=====05.21.11=====

Took hiphop class and left almost ASAP to get ready for my aunt's surprise birthday. It was for her 60th birthday. I asked my cousin if I could film the event and she was cool with it. I had not seen a lot of this family in a long time so it was nice to catch up with them. Dinner was good and the whole night took a good 4-5 hours.

I cranked out the video in one day a few days after.

Alicia Marcelino's 60th Birthday Surprise - 05.21.11 from Royal Flush Media on Vimeo.

=====05.22.11=====

A few of us gathered to have a sports day. At first it was just AJ, BT, AT, and myself. We played volleyball for a bit. I got hit in the face, yay. No one else showed up so we left to eat some pho for lunch. Came back and one of AJ's friends joined. We started hitting some softballs around, which I enjoyed a lot. YD and DS showed up followed by JW. Another of AJ's friends showed up. The group split with 4 playing basketball and 4 playing tennis. I went back and forth between them and ran around on the playground, ha. Some left and CC joined, but we were winding down with just playing catch. We had been out there for close to 5 hours. Plans were made to meet later.

BT came to my place to chill and watch Wrestlemania XXVII while we were waiting for AJ to join us again. Once he came, we headed out for YD and DS's apartment. They actually weren't there because they were getting food. So we decided to get food also. We ended up buying some food at HEB and rejoined DS, YD, AT, and CC. We ate and then watched "Versus." That was a very...interesting movie. Not the greatest movie in the world, but it was entertaining to me. That was the end of that night.

=====05.25.11=====

AC asked if I was free to go see Asobi Seksu and the White Lies perform. Initially, I wasn't going to go since I didn't know the bands, but I had nothing else to do so why not. I'm glad I went though. Both bands rocked. I wish I knew the songs beforehand, but they were good enough to have me bouncing around, head banging, and screaming/cheering for them. I actually ended up buying an Asobi Seksu shirt that I had the lead singer, Yuki, sign. We also took photos with the group. That was so much fun. I would definitely go see Asobi Seksu again.

=====05.27.11=====

Went to eat at Greatful Taco with AN. It's always good seeing him and the place was great. I'm glad he suggested it. We caught with what's been going on with each other and went to an art supply store nearby. We then split to do our individual things.

I was actually going to just stay in, but then I got an invitation to go karaoke. Met up with MW, AT, BT, MC, CC, and AC for a couple hours of karaoke. The place actually had updated their music list so we were happy with that. We did skip a lot of songs since some of us just put in songs to have songs playing, ha. We ended somewhere between 12-1AM. And then I slept for about 5-6 hours because...

=====05.28.11=====

...MP and I planned to go watch The Hangover Part II early in the morning. Man...what a hilarious (and at times disgusting) movie. I'd watch it again if asked to. MP and I then went to eat some pho and to catch up with each other. Took him back home and rested for about an hour before going to hiphop class.

Hiphop class with BS was fun. When I sweat, I know I'm having a good time, ha. The last couple of classes, I really enjoyed the routines. I just would remember thinking "I got this" and it was so fun. Talked to a few people before leaving to get ready to go out again much like the prior week.

This time I was invited to go to the 429 by DW. I know that's something important to him so I thought I'd check it out. They actually held the event outside next to the church. They had booths with food, basketball courts set up, a karaoke booth (which DW was running), they had a couple people teach beginner's Salsa, and they had a band perform. Of course the sermon took place afterwards. The pastor actually mentioned my watch at one point because we had met earlier during the festivities. I also did meet someone on the way in that remembered me from college and was mutual friends with someone we knew. That was cool. I also met and talked to a lot of interesting people.

There was also a moment where I looked up at the night sky and saw a single star by itself. The wind blew in and just hit me right and I was inspired to do something. It felt great. Unfortunately, I haven't done what I decided to do...yet...

DW and I helped tear things down and then went to eat at Chili's to talk and end the night there.

=====05.29.11=====
Went to go to a Swing social. RC was there because she was going to perform later on. Went there with AC. LN and DW came later during the free lesson. We then gathered together and had our dance times with others during the social. I found this Swing social less intimidating than the Salsa socials I've been to. Might have been the crowd because some of the girls I danced with were just fine with being silly and just moving however we felt like on the dance floor. RC's performance with another dance group was great. She and I talked later on before our crew headed out to eat.

Ate at Grand Lux where JL joined. Good food. DW was asking some silly questions to get conversation started. One question he asked was "if you could be an article of clothing, what would it be and who would it be worn by?" I stupidly shouted out "bra" and that ended that question, ha. DW had a great answer of a coat for his future daughter, aww. Another question he asked was "what would the title of the movie of your life be?" I chose "A Hero's Tale." Anyways, we finished up and then headed out to karaoke.

It was already late, 12:30-ish. We karaoked till 2:30. It was a good round of karaoke, but we were all getting tired. Good thing it was Memorial Day the next day or those guys would have been screwed with having to work.

=====Final Thoughts=====

- I did perform mic tests on my newly acquired camera mics. They worked perfectly. Can't wait to have an actual thing to use them for, ha.

- I recently purchased a reflector for RFM. It's something both our videographers and photographers can use. It should be very helpful.

- Speaking of RFM, our Twitter is now up and running. The man behind it is me. I'll be posting anytime we have work we're doing as well as weekly videos and photos. The weekly promotions will also run on our Facebook. So Follow and Like us. Thanks.

RFM Twitter - click

RFM Facebook - click

- I've been itching to do more sillier videos every since "A Day At The Park." I have one idea, but I don't have a partner willing to do it with. I might have to reach out to others for that. Another one I came up with today, which I might do alone or have a couple other people join in. You'll see those if they happen. The point of these videos is to show that RFM can do those simple videos also and that we don't have to just do big performances and weddings.

- I did crank out the videos from the Formal/Summer Reunion last year and posted them online. Unfortunately, not many have actually watched them. I wouldn't be so blah about it had there not been a few people that had asked to see it and have not even watched it yet. I don't just make these videos for myself. Oh well...

- I've adopted a new way of how to decide whether to go and do things that others suggest or not. The only reason I won't go if I'm actually free to go is because I just don't want to go. Otherwise I have no excuses and should just go because I have nothing going on. So far, so good.

- My goodness, I aM mE is in the finals of ABDC. No doubt they will win it all. They've been performing magnificently the whole time, but their last 2 really did Brain Bang me.

- Jang WooHyuk of HOT fame is back with a new single. And man...I would love to see him collaborate with I aM mE. They just fit together perfectly.

- Soshified has put together a field trip to go to Korea. The trip will last from July 20th though the 26th. The great discount deal includes activities planned for the week, going to music stations to watch shows, and going to see SNSD live in concert. There's probably more, but the itinerary isn't up yet. They're only taking 100 fans out of the thousands on Soshified that could possibly go.

I signed up for this and got accepted. That's right, I'll be going to Korea in July! A long time dream is finally being realized. It hasn't hit me yet since there's more than a month between now and then. I think once I start preparing things more then I'll get more anxious and excited about going. Definitely spazz worthy. I know I'll be taking tons of footage of all we do there. Korea, here I come! SNSD, here I come!

That took a good hour to type up. That does it for the month of May. Let's see what June brings. We know what July will bring, ha.

Thanks for reading. Be healthy, be thankful, and be loved.

No comments: