Saturday, May 5, 2012

April 2012 Entry


I definitely did get out more compared to last month. Also I think I'll be loading this entry with a lot of videos.

=====04.01.12=====
Watched "Wrestlemania XXVIII" and it was great. The card was great up and down and I was excited and yelling most of the time. Yes, Yes, Yes!

Afterwards, I completed a little something I was working on called "Project Donut." I shipped it out the next day. I have yet to receive a confirmation from the recipient whether they got it or not though.

=====04.03.12=====
Toward the end of March, I was interviewed by Soshified for their monthly Spotlight article. They ask for members of the site to nominate or volunteer to have questions asked of them so that we can learn more about our fellow SONEs. I volunteered myself and a fellow DJ to be interviewed. Here's the link to read my Soshified Spotlight interview. Enjoy it.


=====04.13.12=====
I went out and bought "Spirit Camera: The Cursed Memoir" for my 3DS. I enjoyed it and it was much different than I thought it would be, but it was too short. I ended up beating the game on 04.20.12 and in reality that was less than 5 hours of game time. I still give it a 4 out of 5.


=====04.14.12=====
Friends invited me to watch "The Raid: Redemption." That had been a movie I was curious about, but wouldn't have seen it unless asked to. I'm so glad I saw it though. If you're in the mood for some crazy/awesome action and fight scenes then go see this one. A good chunk of the action was great and insane as well as some of the deaths. I really wanted to yell (as if I was watching wrestling) because the action just got me hyped. 4 out of 5.

Afterwards we went back to their place. I got some doggy kisses from Baxter and I played some fighting games with MW. We had some nice random character matches in MVC3 going on, but for our last one we picked who we wanted. And...oh...my...gosh, it was so fun. I had my X-Factor on and I pulled off a triple team super and was going for a cheap victory on MW's last character, but he pulled off a super and his connected cancelling my triple team. At that point I was just dumb-founded and at a loss that he took out each of my characters one after the other, ha. Sucks that I lost, but it was just a great gaming moment.

=====04.15.12=====
Went out with CC, WC, and met BT to go to the "Asia Society Texas Center" grand opening. It was pretty cool. There were a lot of different Asian cultures performances held and just a good amount of cultures showcased. The gallery itself was a little small.

Something that did suck was about a business deal. During one of the performances, I was filming the whole thing and BT was taking photos. Someone that was part of the society performing asked about getting the photos and the footage. I gave them my business card and got theirs. About an hour later, my group was walking around and we found my business card on the ground. Disappointing.

=====04.17.12=====
I'm on a small quest to buy my favorite anime series on Blu-Ray, but unfortunately most of them aren't. I did find "Cowboy Bebop: The Movie" and bought it. I saw it when it first came out, but I forgot everything about. Watched it both dubbed and subbed within a few days. Good stuff.

=====04.18.12=====
It had been a while since I shaved due to the boils from a month or so ago, but my skin felt good enough to do it. It didn't hurt, but it was sensitive, still is. I kept the goatee though, just shaved the sides.

Met up later to have dinner with LN at Yard House. The weather was nice to eat outside. Unfortunately our food came out very late. I wasn't really bothered with that since we were just catching up, but the manager insisted on giving us a free dessert to compensate. Can't say no to that. Afterwards we walked and talked more before departing.


=====04.19.12=====
I started to release my "WingedVoX Adventures." Read up more on that later on.

I went to have dinner with one of the flash mobbers. I rarely see any of them ever since the flash mobs so this was nice. We ate at Tofu Village and just talked and learned things about each other since during the flash mobs, I didn't really get a chance to talk to any of them personally. Fun time with good food.

=====04.21.12=====
"The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap" was available for the 3DS Ambassador Program a while ago and I had not gotten around to it for some reason. Since I had been running out of things to do at home, this was perfect. It had also been one of the few Zelda games I never got around to so I was glad I finally was playing this adventure. Update of when/if (if, yeah right) I beat it in May.

=====04.22.12=====
My dad was given an old printer from a friend of his and he gave it to me. It works. Too bad I don't have any color, but maybe later on I'll buy some if I need to. I'm just glad to have a working printer just to at least print out documents or coupons. It had been something I was always lazy about purchasing, but now I don't have to worry about it.

=====04.24.12=====
Ate lunch at Noodle House with MC. It was good to catch up and eat some good food.

=====04.26.12=====
It had been a while since I had been to Soundbox, but I went there for their pre-show performance before World of Dance. I said hi to a few people and got a big hug from AN. Didn't tell him I was going to be there, but I wanted to show him my support. It was great to be around that crowd and energy again. I was so proud of AN and all the other people I've made friends with at that studio.

Here are their performances from WOD that weekend.




=====04.27.12=====
I was on DJ Cesca's Radio show on Soshified for my second time. We talked about being featured on Soshified Spotlight and about a little bet we had. Here's the link if you wish to listen. I come in around the hour and 2 minute mark.


=====04.28.12=====
MW asked if anyone wanted to do the "Feast of The Brave." It's a nationwide challenge amongst different cities. You get points for eating certain types of tacos that these taco trucks were serving. MW, AT, AJ, and I went to do it. They were free tacos, but not everyone might want to try the types of tacos. There was alligator, shark, cricket, and mystery. There was also ostrich, but they ran out by the time we got there. Here were my stats.

2 Mystery (200), 2 Cricket (60), 1 Shark (20), 1 Alligator (10).
Total of 290 points from 6 tacos.

And the mystery taco was scorpion. Not bad. My favorite was probably crickets.

Afterwards, we went to a few different places (can't remember all). We ended up going to a golf range, which was fun. I've never been to one before and never did anything more than putt-putt golf. It was a very satisfying feeling hitting the ball.

=====WingedVoX and Royal Flush Media=====



Started a new series of videos dubbed "WingedVoX Adventures." Those are of me and various things I've done and places I've gone with minimal editing. No fancy skits or anything. Just me out and about. The reception so far is...good I guess. It definitely is less stressful than trying to come up with new video ideas and having to film things every week. Here are the first 2 that were released in April.






=====Final Thoughts=====
- Elderberry rocks! She's also quite cute too.


- Game Informer's "Test Chamber" episode of "Sniper Elite v2." It was cool to see the different dramatic kill shots, but the first one that happens after the 15-minute mark...ouch...


- Hell yeah for HyoYeon on Korea's "Dancing With The Stars."


- SNSD-TTS "Twinkle" MV


- "Tweet 2000: This year more than any other year have I felt that support is one of the greatest tools to help anyone succeed."

On the flip side of that, I do get very discouraged by the lack of support.

- My health has improved, but I do have to still hold off on being really active. Sometimes exercising can only last about 5-10 minutes. Little by little I'm starting to get back to it. I still have to watch myself though.

- Thank you for reading. Be healthy, be thankful, be loved.


Take care.

No comments: